to forum alaxe, graftite oloi sto www.angelsofretribution.gr
Θέλετε να αντιδράσετε στο μήνυμα; Φτιάξτε έναν λογαριασμό και συνδεθείτε για να συνεχίσετε.

review "ψιλοπαράνομη" :pirat:

Πήγαινε κάτω

review "ψιλοπαράνομη"  :pirat: Empty review "ψιλοπαράνομη" :pirat:

Δημοσίευση  Akis Παρ Ιουλ 25, 2008 12:22 pm

είναι από beta tester και σπάει την NDA.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
........Two things remain about graphics : UI and animations.
Concerning the UI, it's the best I have ever seen (I mean, its graphics, not its functions). Everything is so nice for your eyes, it's full of little beautiful 2d sprites, the colors fit perfectly, and you can really speak about a Warhammer design. I mean, it doesn't look like any of other MMO's UI.
WoW had a really nice UI in its time, now, I can objectivly say that Mythic succeeded in making a UI of blizzard's quality ones.

Concerning the animations, my feeling is that the whole quality is unequal.
Some are really good : the mounts (in general, but the dwarfs ones are so cool and funny with the dwarfs legs moving while they "fly"), the magus on his disk is SO cool, the warrior priest is nicely done, the whole greenskins + dwarfs are well made.
Some suck : mainly the whole elves/dark elves pairing.
I also noticed that EU have different opinion about the gameplay/animations in general, and I still don't know why. If somebody has an idea..

My review about the actual state of the game
I'll do that little review like if I was launching the game and analysing point by point.

I don't know if Mythic will keep that patcher after the beta, but it's one of the better I know. It's easy and it never bugs. Maybe some people will laugh about that, but those who played LOTRO know how a patchdownloader/patcher can be boring.
The first screen of the game is the servers selection. You can see the name of them, their type (normal, RvR, RP, etc.), their ping, etc. It's done well and I can't wait to see the real background of it (since at the moment it's just a black background.
The character creation is nice with beautiful backgrounds and animations. The thing that is cool is that character customisation is not unique about Races, but also about Carriers. It means that a Warrior Priest won't have the same customisation that a Bright Wizard. It respects the Warhammer background. I don't think you'll be able to change the size of your character, or things like that. It will be like WoW but a little bit more advanced. Anyway, your character will still be a lot more unique than in WoW thanks to trophies and dyes.
When you enter the game, you understand easily that it's war around you. The UI is perfect and you don't need to search a long time before finding what you wanted. You can wait something like WoW's quality, and even better with the tool IG that allows you to move and resizes everything on your screen. The other thing cool is that UI changes a little bit in fonction of your carrier and race.
Ok so I miss time, so I'll do it faster :
in my opinion, what WaR needs before release, is :
-optimisation of the game's engine (the game should run on older computers than it does atm)
-animations in general and connection between them (even if I'm sure it will be really good at release)
-a good translation of the game. Actually, in Europe (and i'm sure it's a little bit why europeans can be harsh), 5% of the game is translated, and we still didn't hear the voices, other than the english ones. How can we test and play seriously when we don't understand or when we have to wait to translate ? This is really important. It's a lot more motivating to begin a game in your language, and really when it's a MMO.
-a waiting queue for abilities. It would really install this tactical gameplay Mythic want.
-a faster autoattack, and stronger.

And that's all.
WaR atm have a really big content. There are hundreds of quests, items, a few Pve dungeons, many scenarios, an advanced RvR system.
You can be sure that WaR will have a strong release, and if you're waiting for it to install you on it, because you want to play many years on a MMORPG, WaR will be this MMO.
Most important is that I really got fun in the game (even if the language barrier doesn't let me to play seriously this beta), doing quests, having so many things to do, having so many ways to obtain what I want.
All the hype about WaR will go up when people will see the game with graphics in high.
But what WaR needs to do is to keep that hype with videos of the game, of combats.
That's what all europe is waiting for, a faster gameplay.
I'm not speaking about CDU, I don't think it will resolve things. I just think that the waiting queue for abilities, and a true auto attack, fast and strong, will let this game be the next BIG mmo.
Good graphics are ready, good and big content is there, gameplay still has problems.

That's why I'd like US bters to tell me if devs have said anything about it ? Or just, about the waiting queue for abilities and the faster autoattack ?
Akis
Akis
Warder

Άντρας Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 126
Registration date : 08/07/2008

Επιστροφή στην κορυφή Πήγαινε κάτω

Επιστροφή στην κορυφή

- Παρόμοια θέματα

Δικαιώματα σας στην κατηγορία αυτή
Δεν μπορείτε να απαντήσετε στα Θέματα αυτής της Δ.Συζήτησης