to forum alaxe, graftite oloi sto www.angelsofretribution.gr
Θέλετε να αντιδράσετε στο μήνυμα; Φτιάξτε έναν λογαριασμό και συνδεθείτε για να συνεχίσετε.

Post tou MJ sxetika me thn arsh tou NDA

2 απαντήσεις

Πήγαινε κάτω

Post tou MJ sxetika me thn arsh tou NDA Empty Post tou MJ sxetika me thn arsh tou NDA

Δημοσίευση  Akis Τετ Αυγ 20, 2008 2:37 pm

Copy/paste:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Folks,

Over the last few weeks I've been saying that there were three reasons why I was waiting to lift our Beta. As the time till lift approaches rapidly, I thought I'd get this topic started. Here are the three reasons:

1) One of the key concerns about WAR after we announced the cuts of the cities and the classes was how RvR would play out with the current class configurations. What I've heard from our team is that the classes we have currently are playing out quite well in Beta and that while we expect to continue working on them over the next month and beyond, that we did not need to hold up the game's release to put back/add classes. Again, I'm not saying that the classes are perfect, working as intended (even though I don't use that phrase), totally balanced but they are where they need to be now. Over the next month we will continue to iterate on them based on feedback from the testers.

2) Over the development cycle of this game one of the criticisms we have gotten (and frankly earned) was that our UI, combat and overall game responsiveness felt a little off and sluggish. We have been working rather diligently on that and we were in the process of putting in what we called our Combat Responsiveness code. Simply point, this is a system that makes the UI, animations and combat feel more connected, faster and of course, more responsive. When we put it in, the feedback from our beta testers was overwhelmingly positive (98%+). I wanted to wait till it was in and tested before lifting the NDA as again, it was one of the absolutely fair criticisms of WAR in the past. We will, of course, continue to work on this over the remaining month, we are not finished yet.

3) The final reason was one that frankly, if not resolved, would have been enough to keep the NDA in place and one that could have derailed the launch of WAR. Over the long history of DAoC, while we have certainly made our fair share of mistakes, one of the things that Mythic is known for is having one of the most stable MMORPGs in the industry. Whether it was our launch or even our limited amount of downtime, we are proud of our ability to produce a stable MMORPG platform. Unfortunately, in the weeks leading up to this lift, we were having some stability and performance problems. While a lot of the problems could be traced to our testing of new areas as well as the additional testing load in those areas, the fact remains that we were having more server crashes, crash to desktops and RvR lag than we were used to having. While even under those conditions the game was more stable than many MMOs, that wasn't good enough for me. Over the last few weeks the team has worked hard on these issues and our CTDs are way, way down and our server crashes are back on a level that is consistent with Mythic's history with DAoC. Overall, we're not all the way there yet but we have every expectation that we will be there in plenty of time for launch. Even as late as yesterday we put up another version to the testers that improved server performance significantly. I think it is safe to say, and I expect our testers will echo this, that the game as it stands today is more stable than most MMOs were at launch.

So, those were the reasons. I hope you agree that they were more than important enough to hold up the release of the NDA.

Mark
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kala nea, eidika to problhma me to lag kai thn ka8ysterhsh pou ly8hke einai poly kalo!
Akis
Akis
Warder

Άντρας Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 126
Registration date : 08/07/2008

Επιστροφή στην κορυφή Πήγαινε κάτω

Post tou MJ sxetika me thn arsh tou NDA Empty Απ: Post tou MJ sxetika me thn arsh tou NDA

Δημοσίευση  Vediovis Πεμ Αυγ 21, 2008 8:32 am

Kanw twra kai egw edw ena pseuto post gia ta kakws keimena ospou na anoiksei to rimado teaser lol,
Loipon einai logiko kai anamenomeno ospou na bgei live to war kai na perasei kai kapio xroniko diastima na exoume kapoia problimata, lag issuesm, kana crash sta moutra, ntaksei ta kseroume auta kai kai ta anamenoume ospou na mpei to nero sto aulaki, to kalo einai oti auth tin fora ta anagnorizoune apo tin meria tous kai den ta fortonoune ston provider opws ekanan sto DAoC an thimaste...pou ginotan to ela na deis...
Vediovis
Vediovis
Guild Master

Άντρας Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 70

Post tou MJ sxetika me thn arsh tou NDA Empty Απ: Post tou MJ sxetika me thn arsh tou NDA

Δημοσίευση  Akis Πεμ Αυγ 21, 2008 11:12 am

Swstos!!! to game kai lag 8a exei kai bugs 8a exei sto 3ekinhma tou, auto to 3eroume kai to perimenoume kai gia auto den gkriniazoume. To 8ema einai, opws leei kai o geo na ta antimetwpizoun grhgora kai na mhn kanoun patates. Hdh apo oti diabazw to 8ema tou "lag", ths arghs antapokrishs tou server sto pathma twn koumpiwn antimetopisthke me epityxia.
Epishs, me xaropoiei to gegonos oti se diafora posts oi an8rwpoi ths mythic autosarkazontai gia to ToA (Trials of atlantis expansion tou daoc, h tafoplaka tou game gia pollous). Auto deixnei oti, an oxi ola sigoura arketa, la8h tou parel8ontos ta exoun entopisei kai den ta 3exnoun.
Akis
Akis
Warder

Άντρας Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 126

Δημοσίευση  Vediovis Πεμ Αυγ 21, 2008 5:51 pm

Akis έγραψε: oi an8rwpoi ths mythic autosarkazontai gia to ToA (Trials of atlantis expansion tou daoc, h tafoplaka tou game gia pollous). Auto deixnei oti, an oxi ola sigoura arketa, la8h tou parel8ontos ta exoun entopisei kai den ta 3exnoun.

To TOA apopsi mou itan wraio me ta artifacts ekei pou to kseftilisan htan meta, to cap increase kai ta chain proc's htan omorfa, ektos autou edwsan kai douleia stous crafters kai pali, apo kei kai epita irthe kai egine komposta.. Razz Sad
Vediovis
Vediovis
Guild Master

Άντρας Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 70

Επιστροφή στην κορυφή

- Παρόμοια θέματα

Δικαιώματα σας στην κατηγορία αυτή
Δεν μπορείτε να απαντήσετε στα Θέματα αυτής της Δ.Συζήτησης